Sunday, May 15, 2011

Back in the USA but not in Boca

What an amazing week it's been! After spending a week in Poland and seeing the horrors of the Holocaust with survivors and teens from our community, the March of the Living traveled to Israel to see and learn about the birth of the State. We spent Shabbos in Jerusalem and brought dozens of students to the Kotel for the first time in their lives. We joined a minyan of Israeli soldiers for an incredible Kabbalat Shabbat, met Matisyahu and had a special class at Aish Hatorah. We toured Masada and the Dead Sea, hiked in Ein Gedi, assisted in the Carmel Forest and met with Gilad Shalit's father and brother. On Yom Hazikaron, Israel's memorial day, we participated in meaningful community ceremonies while hearing the national siren. And finally when Yom Ha'atzmaut began I got to see thousands of teenagers from around the world rejoicing for one thing and one thing only - Judaism! Please let me know if you are interested in participating next year, and encourage your friends who have teenagers in local public schools to visit www.motl.org for more information. If you haven't had a chance to listen to hear the live broadcast from Poland and Israel, please visit www.BlogTalkRadio.com/broide or www.JewishPrideRadio.com.

Now that the March of the Living 2011 is over it's time to turn my attention to the next program. I am going to be in New York for Shabbos a JSU/TJJ (The Jerusalem Journey) conference to meet the rest of the staff who will be joining me on this awesome trip to Israel this summer. There are almost 350 public school teens that have signed up and I know that this will be an experience that they will never forget. I am going to do everything I can to try and get as many teens as I can to go on an Israel experience because I know that it has a huge impact on the Jewish Future.

I really expected to be back in Boca for Shabbos, but unfortunately for the Friday Night Live crew, I will not be able to be at the program this evening. But I will be back in Florida for the next program next Friday night and I cant wait to see all of you again. I miss you guys!!!

Inspire yourself to inspire others...

Shabbat Shalom and may God bless you.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment